List of Features
µWeather™ is an APRS-compatible weather station with the following features:
· Single-board weather station based on the 16F877 microcontroller
· On-board or remotable temperature/humidity/barometric pressure sensors
· Real-time clock for time-stamping APRS weather packets
· On-board generation of 1200 baud AFSK for APRS weather packets with no TNC required and standard 5-pin DIN receptacle for interfacing with radio
· Support is included for the 1-wire anemometer developed by Dallas Semiconductor and currently available for sale at http://www.aagelectronica.com/aag/
· Weather data is also output in RS232 industry-standard "datalogger" format for compatibility with 3rd-party weather display software
· Optional 20x4 character LCD for continuous display of current weather conditions
· Easy initial configuration performed through the µWeather™'s RS232 port with any standard terminal or terminal emulator software
µWeather™ will key the radio and transmit time-stamped, APRS-formatted 1200 baud packet weather data at regular intervals. In addition, it will provide RS232 serial weather data at 2400 baud in industry-standard "datalogger" format for compatibility with 3rd-party weather display software.
Click here for a copy of a paper I wrote for the 2001 DCC conference describing the development of µWeather™.